Monday, April 4, 2011

The Finish Line is in View!

I can't believe it's been almost a month since my last post!  This is partially due to the fact that the house kept us very busy the past month because we are now down to our "punch list."  Also, I was very happy to take some time away from the house and spent a fun couple of days in Chicago for business.

I came home Friday night to quite a few changes in the house!  I was very happy to see many minor and major projects completed.  We finally have a comfortable living situation which tones down my stress level.

Although things are coming together, there is still a lot of work to do including decorating the interior.  Right now I feel like we are living in a barren shell with no character. 

Enough blabbing- let me just show you the progress!
Before- Back Part of Addition

After- Just Needs Decorating




After- Left Wall of Addition

Before- Entrance into Addition


After- Entrance into Addition

Before- Living Room


After- Living Room


After- Living Room (Cherry Blossoms Outside)

Before- Kitchen

After- Kitchen


After- Kitchen Island- Open Concept


After- Dining Room after Opening Kitchen


After- Great Room

Before- Upstairs Guest Bathroom


After- Upstairs Guest Bathroom

Before- Left Side of Downstairs Guest Room


After- Left Side of Downstairs Guest Room


I sadly must say that with all of the progress, I can't wait for the appraisal.  Although we planned on staying here for a few years, building a house from the ground up would be a good next challenge!

Until then, I'm looking forward to summer drinks on the deck and yes, Josh and Brandon, eventually a hot tub!








1 comment:

  1. Atta girl.. I knew youd come through. Make sure that hot tub (equipped with pop up tvs-- yes plural) is ready by memorial day. thanks.

    ReplyDelete